The unit continues to start up normally and ignores the [F2] and [Power] combination
- The unit needs to be sent to TracMap for a "U-Boot" upgrade
"No Devices Found" is displayed
- Ensure the USB key is properly attached to the USB dongle
- If you are using a USB hub, try plugging the USB key directly in to the USB dongle
- Try a different USB key - USB keys can differ in size, file formats, and other properties
"Can't List Files" is displayed
"No files found" is displayed
- Ensure the upgrade file has not been placed in a Folder / Sub Directory
- Ensure the upgrade file has the a ".tim" extension, some browsers may add an extra extension e.g. "firmware1.tim" may become "firmware1.tim.txt"
"Invalid Product Code" is displayed
- The upgrade file you have selected does not match the unit's product code. Try downloading a different upgrade file, you can find your current version from the head unit's "About" screen
"Bad Checksum" is displayed
- Either there is a corruption on your USB key or the upgrade file has been fragmented, try formatting the USB key, or performing a "Disk Defragmentation"
NEED MORE HELP?
Our customer service team are always happy to help with any queries you may have. Feel free to contact us here.